I’m a multi-disciplinary circus artist with more than ten years of experience performing in shows and at events all over the world.
A versatile performer, I’m at my happiest whilst flying through the air. My specialities are aerial hoop and silks but my skill set also covers harness, trapeze, cloudswing, Spanish web, doubles rope and aerial net. On the ground I perform acrobatics on rollerskates and I am a skilled fire performer.
I like to create work that transports the audience to another world and allows them to forget where they are, even if just for a few minutes. I’m interested in exploring beauty and discomfort – the contrast between elegant lines and strange, creature-like shapes. I love to incorporate character into my shows. I enjoy exploring abandoned buildings and forgotten places and creating site specific work in these unforgiving landscapes. I’ve worked with visual artists on various projects and I’m always interested in new and unusual collaborations.
Over the past 12 months I’ve performed in Morocco, Oman, the Maldives, Serbia, Puerto Rico, Mexico and all over the UK for international festivals, corporate events, parties and product launches. I have extensive experience working with clients to create bespoke performances to fit themes from the sublime to the bizarre, making each event completely unique.
A couple of favourite recent projects:
I toured with Pif-Paf Theatre on ‘Planetary’, an acrobatic physical theatre show on a unique piece of equipment – a giant spinning wheel. http://www.pif-paf.co.uk/project/planetary/
I was a rollerskater in ‘The Forever Loop’ at the Barbican in London – a live performance and multi-media installation by the artist Eddie Peake. http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2015/oct/08/barbican-art-show-unleashes-naked-dancers-rollerskaters-onesies-eddie-peake
I love working at height and have had an absolute ball doing aerial shows suspended from cranes with Fidget Feet Aerial Dance Theatre Company. http://www.fidgetfeet.com
In 2012 I was an aerialist in the London Olympic Games Opening Ceremony as a Mary Poppins flying in from the roof of the stadium. I also performed in the 2012 Paralympic Closing Ceremony as a firefly on a pyrotechnic aerial hoop as well as riding an enormous flying stag to Coldplay’s duet with Rihanna.
A gymnast as a kid, I spent most of my time climbing trees. I was a professional inline skater sponsored by Salomon. Competing internationally and performing in halfpipe shows with Team Extreme took me to exciting places like Beirut and Cape Town. My career highlight was coming 2nd in the world at the International Roller Contest in Lausanne.
I trained in circus from the age of 19, taking aerial classes at various training spaces in the UK – Greentop Circus in Sheffield, Circomedia in Bristol and National Centre for Circus Arts in London as well as many workshops and aerial festivals such as the European Aerial Dance Festival and the Irish Aerial Dance Festival. I’ve also taken workshops in clown, mime and physical theatre. In 2015 I took an intensive acrobatics course with Polichinelo Circus in Liverpool and most recently have toured around Mexico for 4 months training aerial at numerous circus centres across the country.
Recent shows, events and festivals:
- Finolhu, Maldives – Sept-Oct ’16 – Aerial net, silks, hoop, fire and stilt walking – 2 month contract for Area 51
- Puerto Rico and Mexico – Feb-June’16 – We the Future Festival in San Juan and tour of Mexico
- The Forever Loop, Barbican, London – Oct ’15 – Jan ’16 – Rollerskating in Eddie Peake’s exhibition
- Maldives Easter & New Years shows – 2015 – 2016 – Aerial hoop, silks, trapeze and fire for Area 51
- Roaring 20’s shows, Nottingham – Nov-Dec ’15 – Aerial hoop, silks and trapeze for Gravity Live
- Pif-Paf Theatre: Planetary – April-Sept ’15 – Touring circus-theatre show with acrobatics and aerial
- Exit Festival Serbia – 2006 – 2016 – Festival in a fortress performing each year to crowds of 25,000
- Fidget Feet, Bestival 2013 – 2014 – Crane shows over the crowds – silks, hoop & ensemble pieces
- The Tin Forest, Glasgow – July 2014 – Silks in a theatre show for National Theatre of Scotland
- Fusion Festival, Germany – June 2014 – Aerialist with Bassline Circus (harness, bungee, hoop)
I’ve performed in some beautiful and hugely varied locations – from palm fringed tropical beaches to huge superclubs, a 17th century fortress, a monastery, a Victorian rotunda, big tops, theatres and stadiums…
…For catwalk shows, corporate events, a tour with a rock band, outdoor theatre shows, cabarets, awards ceremonies, festivals and everything in between.